Frequently asked questions

Here is a list of our top questions we receive at the library. If you still can't find what you are looking for, you can always call the library at 816-776-5104.
  1. ?

  2. ?

  3. ?

  4. ?

  5. ?

  6. ?

  7. ?

  8. ?

  9. ?

  10. ?

Do you have a notary avalible to the public?

How do I get a library card?

There are multiple options for getting a library card. Please click here to go to our ' Get a Card' page to find all additional information you will need.
We currently do not have a notary on staff. Please inquire with local banks or title companies.

Do you have computers?
Do you have wifi ?

Can I fax? Can I make copies ?
Can I scan?

We have  computers available throughout the library. Wifi is also avalible. A valid Ray County Library card and a signed Internet Usage Agreement are required prior to accessing the internet. 
You can fax, copy, scan and even more at the library! For more information and pricing, please click here on our Special Services page.

Is there a limit on the number of items I may checkout?

Do you offer GED classes?

Books: We do not limit patrons to a number of books. We encourage them not to checkout a whole series.
DVDs: We limit each patron to a maximum of 5 DVD  at checkout.
Magazines: We have no limit at checkout.
The library works with the  PASS  Program to provide assistance with GED testing. Please click here for more information on PASS.

​Looking for a book we don't have at our library?

Do you offer income tax assistance?

If the library does not have the book you are looking for,  we  offer a service  called ILL: Inter-Library Loan. Through this service, we will  try to find  the book you requested  at another library and make it available for you to borrow. 
During tax season, AARP assists with income tax preparation in the library's Community Room.

Are you homebound and need materials delivered?

How can I support the library?

We offer outreach services that deliver books and other materials to home bound individuals in their homes, at nursing homes or assisted living facilities. Contact the library for further information.